Saturday, June 15, 2013

#JustSaying

One of my improv instructors rightly identified me as a blogger today. I figured now would be the perfect time to launch my new blog.

  Until recently, like yesterday, I was working 40 hours a week in Corporate America, taking 7 hours of university credits, and driving a couple hours to Chicago every weekend to take Conservatory and Music Improv Conservatory classes at The Second City. I threw in the towel that dusted my cubicle and am jumping further into the world of improvisation. Describing the experience as living in the uncomfortable and leading with emotion does nothing to encompass everything that doing improv is, but they are some words that scare some people away from really digging in. 

In this new incarnation, now called Here's to Coffee and to Pink, I will share the experience of a future professional improviser. As my résumé does nothing for keeping real jobs but speaks highly of my skills as a performer, I will also share my other artistic pursuits: fashion styling & design, constructing awesome salads, and conquering social media the right way...you know...skills completely relevant to the post apocalypse. #hashtag 

The only way this is going to work is if I engage in some Risky Business; dance around in my underwear; and, instead of allowing my decorum to hold back my genius, say what the fuck & tell you about it. With proper 21st century social media etiquette: WTF.  Let's play.

~L

No comments: